Sunday, January 31, 2010

Ch..Ch..Ch..Changes

I woke up this morning and decided to do something drastic.

I decided to explore my natural hair color -
and go...~ gasp ~ ...BRUNETTE!

For as long as I can remember, I've been highlighting my hair. I was blonde as a kid - so it made sense. For the past 3 years in NYC I've gone to salon after salon, either paying ridiculous amounts for 3 1/2 hours for a full head of foil or skimping on price and perhaps feeling satisfied, but not for long. First of all, who has the time to go sit in a salon for that long? Second of all, does anyone else's neck feel like it's going to snap mid-procedure?!

So goodbye, blonde, for now. Goodbye, 45 different colors in my hair. Goodbye, upkeep.

And hellooo, dark brown locks!

Perhaps my sudden need for change had something to do with upcoming changes at work. Or perhaps it had something to do with my boyfriend flying out early this morning to play baseball for the next 8 months and wondering how I can even wrap my head around that fact and what it means for us. Perhaps it had something to do with it feeling like the peak of winter all over again.

Perhaps I needed change that I could control. Hair.


Bee tee doubleyou - I highly recommend Rizza Salon in Chelsea. Ask for Jimmy. He'll take care of you.


until next time,


g

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...